Earmarked for fixing in 5.9.1
About dialog => Credits
No longer supports unicode chars
Unicode support in Plush was broken during the migration to VS2019
Main menu no longer localized
Will hopefully be fixed for 5.9.1
Some presets produce errors (error in per-frame code, etc.)
Another ill-effect of the migration process.
For now, we’ve force-enabled the „suppress all warnings“ setting,
removed the worst affected presets from the package,
and (on upgrades) we’ve renamed the 11 worst affected presets with the .off extension.
We hope to fix it fully for 5.9.1
ReplayGain calculation broken for vorbis files (.ogg)
This is also an issue in 5.8
Discovered too late, will hopefully be fixed for 5.9.1
NSV VP3 decoder = broken/missing
omBrowser uses IE(10) engine, which some podcast sites no longer support.
We fixed https subscriptions in general,
but if manual https subscriptions don’t work, try http instead.
For 5.9.1 and beyond, we can look at replacing the internal browser engine with e.g. Mozilla or Chromium.
„Options => Appearance => Show Artist Information Buttons“
is still in the menu, even though we’ve removed them.
Note, we’ve also disabled links in MCV (Artist, Album, etc. no longer clickable)
* Improved: Windows 11 compatibility
* Improved: Playback of https:// streams
* Improved: Updated and tidier generate html playlist code
* Improved: [in_mkv] vp8 support
* Improved: [in_mod] Playback of .itz, .mdz, .s3z & .xmz compressed modules
* Improved: [ml_wire] New working Podcast Directory
* Improved: [out_ds] Display device information correctly in Unicode format
* Fixed: [in_midi/in_mkv/nu/pfc] memory leaks
* Fixed: [in_mp3] id3 empty genre displayed as Blues or Psychobilly
* Misc: lame_enc & libsndfile now static links instead of dynamic dll
* Misc: libmpg123, libflac & zlib now static links instead of dynamic dll
* Misc: libalac.dll added to Shared folder as part of alac update
* Misc: Major compiler refactoring work
* Misc: Many more general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations
* Misc: Minimum required OS is now Windows 7 SP1
* Misc: New online Help section and articles
* Misc: SDK now compatible with VS2017 and newer
* Misc: Versioning syntax changed to v5.x.x
* Misc: WinampMicrosoft.VC142.CRT runtimes now installed on Win7/8
* Removed: Bento Browser tab – So long, and thanks for all the fish!
* Updated: [alac/in_mp4] ALAC 2017-11-03-c38887c5
* Updated: [enc_lame] LAME 3.100.1
* Updated: [freetype.wac] freetype 2.12.1
* Updated: [gif] giflib 5.1.4
* Updated: [in_cdda] libdiscid 0.6.2
* Updated: [in_flac/enc_flac] libFLAC 1.3.4
* Updated: [in_mod] libopenmpt 0.7.0 & Portaudio 19.7.0
* Updated: [in_mp3] libmpg123 1.29.3
* Updated: [in_vorbis] libogg 1.3.5 & libvorbis 1.3.7
* Updated: [in_wave] libsndfile 1.1.0
* Updated: [OpenSSL] OpenSSL 3.0.3
* Updated: [png] libpng 1.6.37
* Updated: [vp8] WebM libvpx 1.11.0
* Updated: [zlib] zlib 1.2.12